Elder Law and Long Term Care Alternatives
Long Term Care Alternatives
When faced with Long Term Care, payment options often vary, but include:
- Private Pay (write checks)
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Medicaid (in California, Medi-Cal)
- Veteran’s Benefits
Potentially a plan may involve a combination of the above. But planning is the key and the sooner the better to avoid the top eight (8) mistakes families often make when faced with long term care planning or immediate crisis decisions.
Proper Estate Planning Allows You to Plan For:
- Yourself through access to your own assets and possibly qualifying for programs you are entitled to, such as Medi-Cal and Veterans benefits;
- Your current and future concerns for family members;
- The possibility of your own disability and long term care requirements;
- What you own to go to whom, when, and what you want after providing for you;
- Fully disclosed and controlled costs; and
- Your dreams and goals for yourself, your family and your assets.
Our Clients’ Dreams And Goals Vary, But Often Include:
- Protecting your assets for yourself and your family;
- Passing your values, responsibility and work ethic to your family;
- Reducing government recovery from your assets after your passing;
- Keeping your affairs free from publicity, costs and the delay of probate court; and
- Updating your plan due to changes in the world and your long term needs.
Our Process to help our FamilyCare Elder Law Clients:
During the call from you and/or your Advisor, our Client Relations Coordinator:
- Gains a basic understanding of the situation and concerns
- Explains our planning process and time line.
Gathering and Evaluation of the Estate
We will send you our Confidential Personal Information Packet, which includes:
- The date and time of our meeting;
- Directions to and information about our firm;
- An explanation of the process ahead; and
- A Confidential Personal Information Booklet for you to fill out and a list of requested documents to be sent to us for the Evaluation.
The collaborative team, often including your other advisors, then performs a detailed Evaluation of the family and estate information.
Based upon our Review and Evaluation, we explain our understanding of your family and estate. You then further teach us about your family and goals. Together, we review the possibilities and design a customized and unique plan. With your approval, we then review time frames, costs, “homework” still needed, and set the date and time for the Signing Ceremony.
Signing Ceremony & Implementation
From the understandings gained at the Initial Visit, each advisor prepares the documentation. We then review and summarize where each decision is reflected in the plan. Appropriate documents are signed by you and implemented by each advisor.
Find out more about our FamilyCare Estate™ Group:
- Family Wills, Trusts, and Powers of Attorney…
- Beneficiary Protected, Retirement Beneficiary, and Special Needs Trusts
- Estate Administration and Probate
- Estate Litigation
- Elder Law and Long Term Care Alternatives
Our team concept of collaboration brings us together with you and your accounting, financial planning and insurance professionals to serve your needs comprehensively. In short, Strazzeri Mancini LLP, can bring order to your affairs and generate an assets savings plan, while meeting your unique objectives.
We Collaborate With Other Attorneys, Financial Advisors, Bankers, Accountants, Stockbrokers, And Insurance Professionals, In Order To Serve Your Specialized Planning Needs.
A source of strength at times of trouble, a reliable sounding board for all manner of family concerns, and a guide for the future.
Strazzeri Mancini LLP helps:
- Business Owners; and
- The Advisors they work with
- Assets Protection;
- Litigation; and
- Complex Domestic and International tax issues